Official College letters are issued to active and former Bow Valley College learners through the MyCreds platform.

The college has utilized MyCreds™ to issue official transcripts. The platform also allows the ability to issue other verified documents in a secure digital format. MyCreds™ is the official transcript and document sharing system of the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada in partnership with Digitary, a leading digital credential platform for certifying, sharing, and verifying academic documents. Digital documents issued through MyCreds™ are certified and official, and can be securely provided to educational institutions, employers, and other organizations. Learners and graduates will also be able to download PDF copies of their documents from MyCreds platform and print out unofficial paper copies of their documents from the PDFs.

All letters will be issued to personal email accounts on the learner record for active learners, and to personal email accounts provided on letter request form for former Bow Valley College learners.

A Confirmation of Enrolment Letter can be issued upon request to any future or current college learner. The letter confirms your:

  • program start date,
  • expected completion date and
  • your student pace (full time or part time)

Fill out and submit the Confirmation of Enrolment Request form available within MyBVC portal.

International learners will need this letter to apply for a study permit extension or renewal.

Future College Learner: You may request this letter if you have been accepted into a program and have registered in at least one course in your first semester of studies. For course registration dates please refer to Important Academic Dates.

Current College Learner: You may request this letter if you are currently enrolled in courses for or in continuing future semesters or if you have taken at least one post-secondary course in the past 9 months.

Your expected program completion end date on the Confirmation of Enrolment will be calculated as the end of the 3rd semester for a one-year program or at the end of the 6th semester for a two-year program. Should you require a letter with a different expected end date, please contact If you have already met with Advising and the new expected completion end date has not changed for the next semester, you can request for a letter directly through

A Confirmation of a Work Integrated Learning Experience Letter confirms your post-secondary program has a Practicum or Work Integrated Learning Experience.

International Learners require this letter to apply for a Co-op Work Permit.

A Confirmation of Work Integrated Learning Experience can be requested from

There is no charge for this letter, and it will be emailed directly to your personal email.

An academic break is not available in all programs. Certain programs run consecutively without a break. If you're looking to take a break, please book an appointment with an International Advisor who can confirm that the requested break meets immigration requirements. *

If you are eligible for an Authorized Leave letter this letter will be emailed directly to your personal email address and there is no charge for this letter.

A Post-Graduate Work Permit Letter (including official transcripts) will be issued automatically to each international learner who has officially graduated from a post-secondary program. These should not be requested separately.

International graduates will need to submit their PGWP letter to IRCC along with their official transcripts upon graduation to apply for Post-Graduate Work Permit. A PGWP letter will confirm you have completed a full-time program of 1 or 2 years at Bow Valley College. PGWP documents can take up to 2 business days from the conferral date to process and upload to the MyCreds platform. For conferral dates refer to Graduation and Convocation.

Eligibility Criteria:

  • You have studied full-time and continuously throughout your program. Exceptions: a regular academic break and the last semester of classes. If you have been granted transfer credits, make sure you maintain full-time enrolment.*
  • Most courses you are enrolled in every term are in-class delivery.*
  • If you are in a certificate program, you need to complete at least 8 months of study at Bow Valley College. *
  • If you are in a diploma program, you need to complete at least 16 months of study at Bow Valley College. *

* Please note: Eligibility is based on continuous enrolment in your program. After the regular academic break, you must maintain your full-time studies. If you fail to do so, you will be violating the terms of your study permit.

This letter is issued within the MyCreds platform. There is a $15 fee to access this letter.

Bow Valley College does not provide letters of invitation; you must write the letter of invitation yourself. The following information is not guaranteed to result in a Letter of Invitation from IRCC.

Convocation guests living outside Canada who would like to attend your convocation ceremony, will need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa.

The following are guidelines taken from the CIC website. For more information, please visit the IRCC web page here.

Some visa offices may require that your letter be notarized by a Notary Public. Please note that a letter of invitation does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

The officer reviewing your guests’ application for their visitor visa will likely want to confirm that the information you have provided in your Letter of Invitation is accurate. Therefore, you may want to provide the following documents in support of your Letter of Invitation:

  • Proof of Bow Valley College convocation taking place: Include the website link and a printout of Bow Valley College upcoming convocation ceremony date(s) from here
  • Copy of your passport and your study permit
  • An official transcript
  • Gaspard confirmation email (rental fee receipt for regalia)
  • Copy of the email confirming your application to graduate was accepted.

Please note, we recommend that you print out the whole FAQ page regarding Convocation. Doing so will provide the date and times, as well as offer the immigration officers a comprehensive sense of the process.

Former college learners can request the following official college letters by filling out the Official Letter Request Form available on the college website and sending it to the Records email inbox.

An Official Graduation Letter will be issued automatically to each domestic learner upon officially graduating from a post-secondary program. These should not be requested separately.

Withdrawal Letter

Issued upon request to any former post-secondary learner who has not graduated from their post-secondary program, or any other former college student who studied at the college and withdrew from their program or completed coursework without officially graduating and receiving an accredited post-secondary level credential.

Graduation Letter

A Graduation Letter can be issued upon request to any Bow Valley College alumnus who graduated from their program of studies.

For more information about how to use MyCreds platform to access, share or download your official documents, please refer to the Retrieving MyCreds Documents Tips Sheet.


Also be sure to check out the series of MyCreds How to Videos that can help you understand different functions of your credential wallet.

  1.  When your digital letter is ready to access, you will receive an email confirmation from MyCreds to your personal email account with instructions for retrieving and sharing your document with recipients of your choice. Please make sure that it is the same personal email account that we have on your learner record or that you provided on the Request for Official Letter form. Please note that the recipient will not be able to access your letter unless you share it with them in your MyCreds account.
  2. If your email address is new or is different from the one you may have used to create a MyCreds account, please make sure to add it to your Profile Settings under your existing MyCreds account. Review page 3 of the instructions document above for details. This will allow you to access the document that was issued to your personal email account within your existing MyCreds account.

Payments will be required for each document you share with the recipient(s) of your choice, or when you download a document in PDF file format. Please refer to 2023/2024 mandatory non-instructional fees chart for more detailed fee structure for the documents issued through MyCreds.

If you receive an error message for incorrect ZIP/Postal Code, contact your financial institution. Contact information being entered into the payment system does not match the contact information the financial institution has associated with that card.
Payment will temporarily go through your financial institution and may show as a pending purchase. It can take up to 24 to 48 hours for the payment charges to be refunded/reversed.

You are required to purchase at least 1 share to view new or updated documents. It is imperative to check the document for errors and notify immediately prior to downloading and/or sharing your document. The records department uploads the corrected document and then you will be able to use the share credit purchased to view the document going forward. You can continue to purchase additional share credits for that document if required. Frequently asked questions about this change can be found here.

You are responsible for the cost of additional shares if the document is shared or downloaded prior to addressing the error to the Records department.

We are unable to provide any refunds for purchased credits or sharing errors.

Official letters will not be issued if there are outstanding financial obligations to Bow Valley College.

Learners can submit RESP (such as, Children’s Education Funds, Knowledge First Financial) or Service Canada CPP 3rd party forms that they require to be filled out by the Office of the Registrar by either emailing a clear signed/dated PDF copy of the form to or dropping it off at the Front Counter of the Office of the Registrar.
In addition to submitting your RESP or CPP form, please complete the Request Form and attach the form as a separate document. Requests will not be processed if the form is not signed and dated or if the request form is not attached with the request.

The School of Health and Wellness offers licensing and credentialling application services to learners who have graduated from a Practical Nurse Diploma or Certificate program.

It is the responsibility of the learner to contact the licensing body regarding requirements and to ensure the form being submitted is the correct form.

For instructions on how to submit your form and share your transcripts with the school, please refer to the instructions below.

Learners who have graduated from the Practical Nurse Diploma or Certificate program can submit licensing and credentialling application forms (for example, NNAS, CGFNS, CNO, ERES) to the School of Health and Wellness (SHW). A PDF copy of the instructions can be found here.

Documents can take up to 6 weeks to process. The SHW will notify the learner by email when the final documents have been issued to the licensing body, and the school will reach out to the learner if additional information is required.

Learners who have not received the final confirmation email within 6 weeks can follow up on the status of the request by contacting the SHW at It can take up to 5 business days for an email response. Please do not send duplicate status request emails.



  • The form must be clear and legible and emailed to Please do not mail or drop off hard copies of application forms.
  • Please include your Learner (Student) ID number, legal name, and the licensing body in the subject line of the email (for example, 123456 - John Frank Doe - NNAS).
  • The entire form must be emailed in one PDF document only. Other formats will not be accepted and may not be compatible with our process (for example, jpeg or word) and could delay your application process.
  • Learners who have previously submitted requests for another licensing or credentialling body to the SHW are to include in the body of the email the nature of the previous request (for example, CGFNS, ERES, CNO).


The transcript to be issued with the documentation is a separate request. Transcripts are issued digitally through the MyCreds platform.

Learners are required to fill out a Request for Official Transcript form for transcript requests. To access the form and to obtain more information about the MyCreds visit Transcripts. Transcript request forms are emailed to Transcript requests can take up to 5 business days to process.

Note: Learners who already have a MyCreds account and have transcripts can skip Step 2 and share the transcripts directly with the SHW as per Step 3.


Log into your MyCreds account and click SHARE your transcript. (You will need a share credit prior to using the share feature)


  • Click Share Name and type in the field what you want to use as your personal reference (this is not a mandatory field and is not visible to the recipient).
  • Click Purpose of Share and type in the field what you want to use as your personal reference (this is not a mandatory field and is not visible to the recipient).
  • Click Personalized Email Message (this is not a mandatory field). This field can be used to provide any information pertinent to the recipient.
  • Click Recipient Email type in the field the email address for the SHW (please do not copy/paste the email and enter the email into the field).
  • Click Reference and type in the field what you want to use as your reference (this field is visible to the recipient).
  • Click on I confirm to use 1 Share Credit for this share.

Please DO NOT create a PIN or expiry date for the document when sharing.

Once the information is entered into the fields, click SHARE and follow the prompts until you receive a pop-up notification window that your document has been successfully shared.

For more information on loans and grants (such as, National Student Loans Service Center, Alberta Student Aide Application for Financial Assistance Form, NWT Student Financial Assistance Form D, Student Aid BC Confirmation of Enrolment Form) refer to the Financial Aid webpage.

Confirmation of Enrolment Letters: up to 1 business day

Standard Letters: up to 5 business days

RESP, CPP and Enrolment Form Requests: up to 10 business days

Graduation letters prior to 2000 may take longer to process.

Practical Nurse Licensing and Credentialing forms: Subject to the School of Health and Wellness timelines

MyCreds FAQs

Please visit MyCreds FAQs web page for more information about how to use the platform to access your official documents.

Your cart is currently empty.

Browse Available Courses


  • If you are currently studying in a post-secondary program at BVC, please register for your courses via mybvc to ensure your enrolments and fees are processed appropriately.
  • Cart total based on domestic tuition rates. For information about International Tuition rates please see Additional Fees Apply
  • If you anticipate applying for a student loan, your payment will be refunded to you based on your loan award once your funding has been received by BVC.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Learn more in our privacy policy