If your program is almost finished, there are two things you need to do.
1) Submit your Application to Graduate form
You need to fill out and submit an Application to Graduate form in your final term as a student to receive your certificate or diploma. All students in career programs need to do this. Do not wait for your final grades, do this as soon as possible in your final term.
Step 1: Log into your MyBVC account
Step 2: Go to the 'Student Information' tab; click on 'Student Forms' to get the 'Application to Graduate' form
Step 3: Fill out the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org using your MyBVC email account
- Questions about your eligibility? Contact the Academic Advising services for your School or program.
- Submit your Application to Graduate during your last term as a student, don't wait for final grades.
- Need more information about the Application to Graduate process? Email email@example.com.
2) Register to attend the Convocation ceremony (registration information will be sent by email to eligible students who submit their Application to Graduate)
After you've submitted your Application to Graduate, you will receive an email to your MyBVC account inviting you to register to attend the convocation ceremony. Attending a ceremony is not mandatory, so you don't need to register if you don't plan on attending.
Step 1: Log into your MyBVC account (mybvc.ca)
Step 2: Under the 'Student Information' tab, click on 'Graduation'
Step 3: Register for the Graduation Ceremonies:
- Choose your ceremony date from the menu.
- Select your program from the drop-down menu.
- Pick your gown size from the drop-down menus (gown sizes are on the MyBVC graduation page).
The next convocation ceremony will be taking place on February 13, 2018. Details coming soon!
Important notes and contacts
- All career program learners need to submit an Application to Graduate.
- You will only receive an invitation to register for the convocation ceremony if you have submitted your Application to Graduate.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the Application to Graduate process or the convocation ceremonies.