Are you looking for help with your research, referencing, or APA formatting? Have a look at the resources created through the BVC Library and Learning Commons! There are a variety of informative guides, links, and FAQs available to support you with your work.
The Academic Success Centre provides free online writing support to all Bow Valley College students!
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm and Saturday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (Mountain Standard Time)
Note: Writing Specialists are not available to view or respond to email submissions from Saturday at 2:00pm to Monday at 9:00am (Mountain Standard Time) or on statutory Canadian holidays.
You can connect with a Writing Specialist in two ways: Email submission or Online MS Teams appointment.
To email your assignment to a Writing Specialist for review, please follow these steps:
You can book a 30 minute online MS Teams appointment with a Writing Specialist. This will be a live, one-on-one meeting to discuss any questions you have about an upcoming assignment or general concerns about writing in English. To make an appointment, please follow these steps:
- Email email@example.com
- Include Assignment for Writing Support in the subject line.
- Attach your writing as a Word document (.docx) to the email.
- Include any information from your course that gives directions for the assignment – an outline, a rubric, or page from your course syllabus.
- Wait for a reply from the Writing Specialist with comments and feedback added to your file. This may be anywhere from 24 to 48 hours.
- You can submit the same writing assignment two (2) times for review.
- Use the booking site: https://v2.waitwhile.com/welcome/ascwriting
- Choose a day and time.
- Fill out the form with your information. Please use your mybvc.ca email address!
- Check to see that you have received a confirmation email for the appointment.
- Wait for one of the Writing Specialists to contact you through MS Teams on the scheduled date.