Alberta Works Grant Funding
Students who have been accepted into one of the following Bow Valley College programs may wish to apply for Alberta Works grant funding. If you are not already a student at Bow Valley College, you must apply first.
- Upgrading / high school classes (full-time or part-time)
- Full-time English Language Learning (does not apply to LINC classes)
- Corporate Readiness Training Program
Alberta Works Grant funding provides financial support for adult residents of Alberta who are unemployed or marginally employed, have financial need, and require skills training to find sustainable full-time employment. You must be ready, willing, and able to attend school. NOTE: If you are interested in applying for funding, you should apply for admission to Bow Valley College at least 3 months before classes start
Applying for Alberta Works Funding can be a complex process. Students are encouraged to read the information below carefully before starting their application.
Important Information for Bow Valley College students
Deadline to apply
You must apply for funding at least 2 months before classes start.
Training Start and End Dates
When filling out your Alberta Works funding application, make sure you use the correct Training Start Date and Training End Date. Any errors might cause a delay in processing your application.
|Spring Term 2017||May 3, 2017||August 21, 2017|
Training Provider Information Form
- IMPORTANT: Bow Valley College will no longer be issuing Training Provider Information Forms to new learners for the Spring 2017 term.
|ELL LEARNERS: To request a Training Provider Information Form please go to the Front Counter of the Office of the Registrar on the main floor of South Campus (next to Tim Horton's) by Friday, March 17, 2017.|
Filling out an application
Alberta Works full-time and part-time funding applications and information can be found online on the Alberta Works website. Students can print off a copy of the Alberta Works application form or apply online.
Getting help with your application
- Please fill out as much of the funding application form as possible. If have questions or need help completing your form, call 1-877-644-9992 (toll-free in Alberta) or visit an Alberta Works Service Centre for help. Bow Valley College cannot help students fill out their application for Alberta Works Funding.
- If you are currently employed and you are interested in applying for full-time funding, please contact an Alberta Works Service Centre for more information about whether or not you might require a Counsel to Leave Employment.
After you have applied
Find out if you have been approved
Alberta Works will normally send you a letter about the status of your application approximately 6 to 8 weeks after you have applied.
- If you have not received a Funding Decision letter from Alberta Works within 8 weeks and you would like to know the status of your application, contact the Learner Income Support Office (LISO) at 1-800-222-6485.
- This information is only available by phone. Do not go to an Alberta Works Support Centre location for this information. They cannot help with this type of request.
Notify Bow Valley College
If you have been approved for Alberta Works funding, you need to tell Bow Valley College so we can make sure you remain registered in your classes.
- Send a copy of your Funding Approval Decision letter to email@example.com
- If you can't send a copy by email, please bring a copy to the Office of the Registrar.
If your Financial or Personal Circumstances Change
If your income or personal circumstances have changed after submitting an application you may need to submit a Change in Circumstances form.
If you have any questions about Change in Circumstances form, call the Learner Income Support Office toll-free at 1‑800‑222‑6485.