Mental Health Services
The mental health team provides a variety of services to support your wellbeing. You can access:
- Group sessions to help you develop strategies for managing anxiety, building better relationships, and increasing positive emotions.
- Short-term one-on-one counselling support.
- Wellness workshops to help you build or maintain wellbeing.
- Mental health training to learn more about mental health and how to help yourself and others.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an initial appointment.
Your initial appointment is an opportunity to talk about your concerns and to learn more about the services we offer. We offer short term therapy within a coordinated care model. This model focuses on getting you connected with the right type of support. We will work with you on a personalized plan, and this may include connecting with other resources on or off campus. Our team is trained to work with all kinds of problems and concerns. Let us help you be successful in your personal life and at school.
Mental Health Team
Meet our mental health team members here.
If you need to speak to a counsellor, you can book a one-hour appointment in advance. Due to COVID we are only offering video or telephone appointments at this time.
Emergency appointments are for students who are at risk for suicide or harm to others. Call 403-410-1440 to book an appointment. For after hour support, please call the Distress Centre at 403-266-4357.
How to reach us
At present, Learner Success Services Office is only available online. To book an appointment or get more information about our services please call 403-410-1440.
If you need help after our office is closed, please use this list of services.
- Emergency help: 911.
- Distress Centre: 403-266-4357 (HELP).
- Child Abuse Program: 403-943-7886.
- Social Resources: 211.
- Non-emergency police line: 403-266-1234.
- Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse
Crisis support and information line – 403-237-5888
Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Sexual abuse and sexual assault crisis support and education.
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness
24/7 helpline – 1-855-242-3310 or connect to the online chat https://chat.fn-i-hopeforwell
- Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter
24/7 family violence helpline – 403-234-SAFE (7233)
Support from trained counsellors in dozens of languages