What is an ebook?
An electronic book, or ebook, is a book-length publication available in digital form and designed to be read on computers or other electronic devices such as tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
There are many advantages to using ebooks available through the library:
- Ebooks can be accessed from anywhere and at any time by logging into the library's electronic resources using your library login information
- Ebooks can be downloaded and read from mobile devices that you can carry with you and access at your convenience
- There are no overdue charges for using ebooks; if you borrow an ebook by downloading it onto an electronic device, it will be automatically returned by deleting itself from the device
- Many ebooks, such as those available through the library EBSCO ebook collection, allow you to:
- Search inside the contents to easily locate particular information or quotations
- Print and save up to 60 pages of an e-book
- Make notes
- Bookmark a page
- Highlight text
How to find and access ebooks on the Library Website
There are two ways you can find and access ebooks from the home page of the library website: