Preparing for your test
To avoid surprises on test day, we recommend you take some time to prepare. Here are a few tips that will help you get ready.
- Make sure you have valid identification. On test day, you must present a valid passport or permanent resident card (PRC). Your test day identification must be the same identification that you used when registering for the test. Original identification is required and copies will not be accepted. You will not be allowed to write the exam without valid identification. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Check the exam location. Make sure you know where the exam is located. If you are taking public transit, plan your route in advance. If you're driving, make sure you know where you can park. Paid parking is available at the College. Contact our office for more information.
- Plan to arrive early. We have comfortable waiting areas available so you can relax before you exam. If you arrive late for your test, you will not be permitted to write it.
- Ask questions in advance. Don't wait until test day to ask questions. Our staff are happy to answer your questions, but may not have much time on test day.
Bow Valley College offers IELTS preparation courses. These courses will give you detailed knowledge of the IELTS exam format, question types, and effective strategies for taking IELTS. You will have the opportunity to take practice exams and receive personal feedback and support from your instructor. For further information about preparation classes and to register, click here or call us at 403-410-3405.
Information and support
Our IELTS team is here to help. We can assist you with registration or provide you with information on the test. Support is available in-person or over the phone during our office hours.
|Tuesday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
|Bow Valley College
300 - 6 Avenue SE
Lower Level, Suite W010
What to bring on test day
- You must bring your original, valid passport or permanent resident card (PRC) that you used when registering for the test. You will not be allowed to sit the test without presenting this document at check-in.
- Leave your personal belongings at home. Personal items are not permitted in the test room. Examples of items not permitted are electronic devices, cell phones, purses, bags, keys, wallets, hats, jackets, food, or drinks.
BOOK YOUR IELTS TEST
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
For more information, visit www.ielts.org