Fund your Education with Points

Fund your Bow Valley College fees with Aeroplan® Miles, TD Points and/or CIBC Aventura® points. Students, family members and friends are able to convert these loyalty points to cover Bow Valley College fees. To find out how it works, visit Higher Ed Points.  

For Employers - Canada-Alberta Job Grant

The Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) is an employer-driven training program where employers and government share the cost of training new and existing employees to increase their knowledge and skills to meet the needs of Alberta’s changing economy.

  • Employers will cover a minimum of one third of direct training costs, while the government covers two-thirds up to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee.
  • If hiring and training an unemployed Albertan, up to 100% of training costs could be covered to a maximum of $15,000 per trainee.

Visit Canada-Alberta Job Grant for details.

For Licensed Practical Nurses - Fredrickson-McGregor Education Foundation

The Fredrickson-McGregor Education Foundation for Licensed Practical Nurses has one goal in mind: Encouraging LPNs to increasingly strive to enhance their competencies.

Up to $1000 per year is available in post-basic education grants for members of the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA) with an Active Practice Permit and who reside in Alberta.

Learn more about  Fredrickson-McGregor Education Grants.

For Unemployed Individuals - Job Boost

There can be many financial obstacles on the path towards a better job. You can access community and financial resources to help reach your goals, receive career support and referrals, and even receive a microloan of up to $10,000 to ensure you don’t need to quit before you reach your goal.

The Job Boost Program can:

  • Provide low-cost, character based loans to help you get a better job
  • Help you access community and financial resources to assist with your job goals
  • Provide career support and referrals, to assist you in getting a better job
  • Help you build or repair your credit by repaying a Momentum Job Boost loan

Learn more about the Job Boost Program.

For New Immigrants - Immigrant Access Fund

Are you an immigrant and do you want to return to your profession or trade in Canada? An Immigrant Access Fund loan can help if you are struggling to pay for the costs that are associated with completing the licensing or training you need to work in your field in Canada.

You can borrow up to $10,000 to cover the following costs:

  • Short-term (two years or less) training
  • Exam fees with a professional governing association
  • Travel expenses to write an exam
  • Qualification assessments
  • Professional association fees
  • Books and course materials
  • English or French language courses specific to employment
  • Living allowance during study time
  • Other related expenses

Learn more about the IAF Refugee Loan Program.

For Early Childhood Professionals - Funding from the Ministry of Children's Services

Child Development Workers (CDWs) and Child Development Assistants (CDAs) looking to obtain higher levels of certification and attend approved courses, conferences and workshops related to early learning and child care may apply to the Ministry of Children's Services Accreditation Funding program for funding assistance. CDWs and CDAs are able to access a professional development grant to assist with tuition fees and require textbooks.

Learn more about Child Development Worker and Child Development Assistant Professional Development Funding.

For Veterans - Veterans Affairs Funding

The benefit can provide Veterans with six years of service up to $40,000 and Veterans with at least 12 years of service up to $80,000. It can be used to cover tuition, course materials and living expenses.

Learn more about Veterans Affairs Funding.

Continuing Education

Phone: 403-476-2223

Your cart is currently empty.

Browse Available Courses

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Learn more in our privacy policy