Thank you for your interest to enter into a partnership as an agent recruiter with the International Education Department at Bow Valley College. It is our goal to work closely with selected representatives who can commit to promote and refer high quality learners to Bow Valley College and who will work closely with the International Education Department to support the successful enrolment of our international learners.


Commitment and Expectations 

We believe in true partnerships. We follow a screening process to ensure that our selected group of agent recruiters support the services that we provide to international learners at Bow Valley College. Our commitment to our agent recruiters is to provide you with the tools to facilitate the recruitment experience. In return, we expect that our partners follow legal business practices, present themselves professionally to prospective students and Bow Valley College staff alike, are knowledgeable about our programs and services, and promote our College in an ethical manner.  


How to Become an Authorized Agent Representative? 

The Prospective Agent Application is the first stage in the screening process. Although an application does not guarantee that an agreement will be offered, consideration will be given to recruiters based on: 

· Experience in the field of student recruitment 

· Geographical area of recruitment activity 

· Familiarity with the Canadian post-secondary education system 

· Previous experience submitting and processing applications to Bow Valley College would be considered an asset


To express your interest to become an agent representative, please complete the Prospective Agent Application Form.. Once an application is submitted, the International Education Department will notify suitable agents with a legal contract if the partnerships is deemed mutually beneficial. Due to the overwhelming number of inquiries and applications received only suitable agents will be contacted.


NOTE: the link to the application form was temporarily disabled to allow time to work on a high volume of applications received. Thank you for your patience. 


Frequently Asked Questions

No, commissions are only provided to agencies that have a current formal agreement with Bow Valley College.

Yes. Your agency can submit an Application for Admission on behalf of a student as an unauthorized agency under lawful terms.


Once an application is submitted, the International Education Department will notify suitable agents within 2 weeks with a legal contract if the partnerships is deemed mutually beneficial. Due to the overwhelming number of inquiries and applications received only suitable agents will be contacted.

No, if your contract is not extended at the time of the renewal period, you need to submit a new Prospective Agent Application form. Student applications submitted after the contract expires will not be eligible for commission.

All commission-related information will be disclosed to agencies when they are offered a Bow Valley College Contract Agreement.

Bow Valley College admission requirements are designed to accommodate mature students. Applicants to Bow Valley College programs or courses must be 18 or older or be able to show the Registrar the maturity to benefit from a selected program of study.

A completed high school diploma is not needed to apply to programs or courses at Bow Valley College. Admission requirements are listed on each program page. Agent representatives and applicants be familiar with them. In some cases, pre-program requirements or extra admission requirements are also listed. Applicants must provide proof of either:

  • successful completion of the admission requirements
  • proof of current registration in pre-requisite courses for the programs selected

If their first language isn't English, they must also meet the English Proficiency Requirements.

Application fees for international students are $140. All funds are in Canadian dollars.

Note: Bow Valley College is not responsible for the impact of exchange rates, bank fees, or related matters outside of college control.

Yes. There is a separate fee for every application submitted regardless of similarities in program type (certificate and diploma) and semester (fall, winter, spring).

International students should not apply to the following programs:

  • Practical Nurse programs (Not offered to international students)
  • Nutrition Manager Certificate (online program)
  • Recreation Therapy Aide Certificate (part-time program)
  • Addiction Studies Certificate (Not offered to international students)
  • Early Childhood Education & Development Certificate (Not offered to international students)

Please check the steps to apply on our application page for more information.

We offer a High School Upgrading option for students who do not meet the academic requirement(s). International students must take the full-time course load to be eligible for a study permit. Read more about high school upgrading.

Yes, they can apply for the International English Learning Language program. Upon arrival, we check their language skills. The results decide which of the four courses they'll be in. The assessment is done the week before classes begin.

Note: We assume applicants have at least an intermediate level of English proficiency. We offer a 15-week Basic English Language courses for those with lower skill levels. Find out more about studying English.

No, it's not the same thing as satisfying the English 30-1 or 30-2 or equal requirement. That's because under academic requirements, English 30-1/30-2 is a Language Arts course. Depending on the country of origin, applicants may not need to have Grade 12 English. But they must have a Language Arts course equal to English 30-1 or 30-2.

Please review the information on "International Academic Documents by Country" here:

It depends on the program. Please check the specific program page for academic requirements.

You have different options. You can:

  • Cancel the application for the waitlisted program.
  • Stay on the waitlist until a seat becomes available. The waitlist time is difficult to predict. It depends on other students dropping out of the program.
  • Submit a second application for the same program for the next available intake. You'll need to include a new application fee of $140 CAD. If you choose this option, you'll have two applications in place for the program of interest.
  • Submit a second application for a different program for the same intake. Include a new application fee of $140 CAD. Please contact us to find out the latest program availability:

For students applying directly or through non-contracted agents, email

If you're an authorized or contracted agent, email

To reserve a seat in the program, students must pay the first semester of tuition and fees within 21 days of the Offer of Admission.

Or they can pay the $1500 CAD non-refundable, non-transferable confirmation fee within 21 days of the Offer of Admission. The remaining amount is due before the fee deadline of their intake start date.

Once the confirmation fee is paid, the student can receive their Letter of Acceptance. Overseas Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Visa offices need to see proof of tuition, but the amount varies. Please familiarize yourself with all requirements from your nearest Canadian Visa Issuing Office.

It depends on the method of payment. Please allow at least 2 to 3 business days for the Letter of Acceptance to be issued.

Contact the International Education Office by email before the start of the term with a copy of the visa denial letter. A refund of tuition and fees will be assessed, including the non-refundable confirmation fee.

  • For students applying directly or through non-contracted agents, email
  • If you're an authorized or contracted agent, email

Requests received after the start of a term or offering will be assessed according to the date of notice of withdrawal. Requests are subject to Bow Valley College's Learner Accounts Policy. A copy of the visa denial letter issued by a Canadian Embassy or Consulate must be presented.

A copy of the visa denial letter issued by a Canadian Embassy or Consulate for the specific term/offering is required. If you make a refund request without proof of visa denial, it will be assessed under our regular terms and according to the cancellation or withdrawal date.

Please refer to:

Please refer to:

Note: If a student is taking only one term/semester (i.e. four months) of the English Language Learning program, a valid visitor visa can be used instead of a study permit.

Open dates are 13 months in advance for all 3 intakes (fall, winter and spring). Our programs fill up quickly. We suggest students apply at least a year in advance.

No, they need to wait until the application open date to apply.

Contact us

International Recruitment Team

Your cart is currently empty.

Browse Available Courses


  • If you are currently studying in a post-secondary program at BVC, please register for your courses via mybvc to ensure your enrolments and fees are processed appropriately.
  • Cart total based on domestic tuition rates. For information about International Tuition rates please see Additional Fees Apply
  • If you anticipate applying for a student loan, your payment will be refunded to you based on your loan award once your funding has been received by BVC.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Learn more in our privacy policy