Deadline for Continuing Learning and other non-credit course refunds
- If the course is one or two days in duration, the Office of the Registrar must be notified of withdrawal prior to the first day of classes by the day before the course session in order to be eligible for a refund.
- If the course is longer than two days in duration, the Office of the Registrar must be notified by the end of the first day of class.
- Eligible refunds will result in a 100% refund.
For detailed information about the refund rules and timelines, visit the Refunds and Deadlines
You may request either a 1 month or a 2 month extension one week before your end date. Please verify the length of extension you require to complete your course (including completing your final exam). We will then fill out an extension request form for you and forward this to the Registrar’s Office. Please note that if you do not complete your course within the one or two month extension period allotted, you may not request an additional extension to your course end date. Fees for the extension request are as follows:
- 1 month extension fee = $100 per course or 2 month extension fee = $200 per course.
- Payment may be made using a VISA or MasterCard. Below are the payment options.
- In person with cash, debit, or credit at the Registrar Services desk in the Registrar's Office.
- The student portal: www.mybvc.ca using a credit card. NOTE: If you pay using the student portal, call or email the Office of the Registrar to let them know that you paid for the extension.
Important note: Students are expected to continue with their course learning while the extension request is under consideration by the Registrar’s Office. Please be sure to continue readings and research, preparation and submission of assignments and completion and submission of quizzes and any other learning requirements for your course.