This course is offered face to face in a classrom and computer lab. You can prepare to write the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration (CPNRE) exam (available at the Bow Valley College Testing Centre) with confidence. You will review study and test-taking strategies during the morning session, and write the CPNRE classroom Predictor Test in the afternoon. Your instructor will review your exam results and help you to develop a personalized study plan as required.
The CPNRE Predictor Test is a two-hour online test, consisting of 85 multiple-choice questions matching the Blueprint for the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE). Once you have completed the CPNRE Predictor Test and submitted your answers, you will have access to your test results, in the form of a Performance Profile. The Performance Profile will be available to download and save in PDF format.
The Performance Profile provides the following:
- Your score on the CPNRE Predictor Test;
- Your probability of passing the CPNRE; and
- Your score in each of the competency categories, cognitive levels and client age categories tested by the CPNRE. This allows you to determine in which areas you need to focus your studying.
All course materials, including the CPNRE Predictor Test license are included in your course fee. When you book your national exam through Pearson Vue, you can choose the Bow Valley College Testing Centre, located in West Campus.
- FACP9101 Basic Life Support CPR
- HMSV9301 Mental Health First Aid
- HMSV9503 Understanding and Applying the DSM-5 in Healthcare Practice
- NURS9204 Intramuscular And Intradermal Injections
- NURS9213 Intravenous Initiation, Infusion and Medication Administration
- NURS9501 Immunization
- NURS9502 Leadership for Licensed Practical Nurses
- NURS9504 Phlebotomy
- NURS9508 Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) Basics
- SAFT9406 N95 Mask Fitting