Learn and practice how to safely prepare and administer intramuscular injections and intradermal injections. You must complete this course before taking the Immunization (NURS9501) course or confirm that you have completed training elsewhere. (This material is included in all practical nurse programs in Alberta since 2006.)
A Certificate of Completion will be issued upon successful completion of this course.
This course includes online, self-paced study, followed by a lab at our downtown campus on the LAST day of the course.
If the minimum enrolment target is not met, a course may be cancelled. Please do not finalize travel arrangements until the course is confirmed.
A mixed course delivery mode where learning activity takes place through a blend of scheduled in-class and online delivery methods. Learners ARE required to participate in scheduled in-class learning activities and one or more forms of online activity. Scheduled exams may be required.
- NURS9213 Intravenous Initiation, Infusion and Medication Administration
- NURS9301 CPNRE Exam Preparation
- NURS9501 Immunization
- NURS9502 Leadership for Licensed Practical Nurses
- NURS9504 Phlebotomy
- NURS9505 Foundations of Best Practice Skin and Wound Management Lab
- FACP9101 Basic Life Support CPR
- NURS9508 Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) Basics
- HMSV9503 Understanding and Applying the DSM-5 in Healthcare Practice