Learn and practice how to prepare and administer injections. If you graduated from a practical nurse program before 2006, this course is a prerequisite to the Immunization course. If you graduated after 2006 and haven't used these skills, this is an opportunity to refresh and practice them.
This course is online self-paced study, followed by a lab on the last day of the course. Lab kit is provided.
If the minimum enrolment target is not met, a course may be cancelled. Please do not make travel arrangements until the course is confirmed.
A course delivery mode that combines elements of non-scheduled and scheduled activity. Learners will be able to participate partly at times of their own choosing and are also required to participate in some scheduled online learning activities. Scheduled exams may be required.
- FACP9101 Basic Life Support CPR
- HMSV9301 Mental Health First Aid
- HMSV9503 Understanding and Applying the DSM-5 in Healthcare Practice
- NURS9213 Intravenous Initiation, Infusion and Medication Administration
- NURS9501 Immunization
- NURS9502 Leadership for Licensed Practical Nurses
- NURS9504 Phlebotomy
- NURS9508 Gentle Persuasive Approaches (GPA) Basics
- SAFT9406 N95 Mask Fitting