This course is for those who want to develop their oral communication skills in professional settings. Learners should be at an intermediate to advanced level.
In this course, classroom activities will help you:
- Learn to cater presentations to your audience on various topics.
- Build confidence for public speaking in formal and informal situations.
- Develop soft skills to build relationships and develop professional connections.
- Practice small talk about topics like weather, movies, and music.
- Learn literal and figurative meanings of everyday expressions.
- Textbooks are not required for this course.
- Registration in this course will be accepted up to the end of the first week of classes.
- Hours of study do not account for College closures or mid-week start of term dates. There will be no make-up classes for these days. See important dates for more information.
A course delivery mode where learning activity is scheduled and takes place in a classroom or similar setting at a college facility. May include lecture, laboratory, and seminar components.