Module 7 focuses on the features and benefits of working with a computerized maintenance management system including two process types: a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and an Enterprise Asset Management system (EAM).
- Selecting, implementing, and optimizing a CMMS or EAM
- System support and upgrades
- Integrating use of CMMS with other departments
- Project planning and organization
- Implementing team development
- Assigning team roles and responsibilities
- Integrating CMMS activities:
- Work/job planning
- Data collection
- Preventive and predictive maintenance
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- Successfully Utilizing CMMS/EAM Systems (Volume 4), by Wireman. ISBN 978-0983225874.
- PEMAC Module 7, Version 10.00
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
Start with Module 1: MMPR9101 - An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management. Modules 2 to 7 may be taken in any order. However, Modules 5 and 6 are recommended prior to this module:
Module 5: MMPR9105 - Developing and Implementing Maintenance Tactics
Module 6: MMPR9106 - Maintenance Work Management
Individuals who successfully complete all eight modules and are members of the Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada (PEMAC) can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC. PEMAC is recognized by the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP) as an approved provider of continuing education and training aligned with key subject areas related to reliability and physical asset management.
The MMP program is approved by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department, Achievement in Business Competencies (Blue Seal) program and for Continuing Education Unit Credits by Alberta and Ontario Water/Wastewater Operators.
A course delivery mode that combines elements of non-scheduled and scheduled activity. Learners will be able to participate partly at times of their own choosing and are also required to participate in some scheduled online learning activities. Scheduled exams may be required.
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9102 Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9103 Human Resources Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9105 Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
- MMPR9106 Maintenance Work Management
- MMPR9108 Capstone Project