Module 3 looks at how human resources relate to the maintenance environment.
Topics covered include the following:
- The role of human resources in maintenance management
- Legal requirements
- Recruitment and selection
- Orientation training and employee development
- Performance appraisals
- The union management interface
- Change management through effective leadership
- Safety management in the workplace
- Dealing with labor issues within the maintenance environment
- Human resource planning
- Implementing performance management
- Compensation management
Course Material / Textbook(s) Required:
- Canadian Human Resource Management: A Strategic Approach (12th Edition), by Schwind & Das Wagar (with Access Card). ISBN: 978-1260305777.
- PEMAC Module 3 Workbook, Version 10.20
Please note that the normal refund policy is not in effect for this course.
Start with Module 1: MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management. Modules 2 to 7 may be taken in any order.Recognition:
Individuals who complete all eight modules and are members of the Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada (PEMAC) can apply for the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC. PEMAC is recognized by the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professional (SMRP) as an approved provider of continuing education and training aligned with key subject areas related to reliability and physical asset management.
The MMP program is approved by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department, Achievement in Business Competencies (Blue Seal) program and for Continuing Education Unit Credits by Alberta and Ontario Water/Wastewater Operators.
Required course for:
- MMPR9101 An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
- MMPR9102 Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9104 Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
- MMPR9105 Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
- MMPR9106 Maintenance Work Management
- MMPR9107 Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- MMPR9108 Capstone Project