What information we collect
When you sign up as a prospective domestic student of Bow Valley College, we may collect certain information like: your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, academic history, program(s) of interest, citizenship status, Indigenous ancestry, date of birth, education history, or when you may want to start college studies. We supplement this information with how you interact with our emails, phone calls, website, or other outreach campaigns, and update it when you apply for admission to Bow Valley College.
All recruitment marketing emails contain a link to unsubscribe and to change your communication preferences.
How you may have signed up
In general, prospective students sign up by one of the following methods:
- When you fill out and submit a request card during a College recruitment visit to your high school, community agency, or community event;
- When you sign-up to attend a College event like Open House or Career Exploration Day and check the optional consent box for recruitment communications;
- When you request more information on a program from the College website and check the optional consent box for recruitment communications;
- On a partnered college/university search platform, such as SchoolFinder, when you expressly tell them to share your information with our College for recruitment marketing; or
- When you request more information from us after clicking on a web advertisement from the College and check the optional consent box for recruitment communications.
We do not sell or rent our prospective student information to anyone else, and do not purchase or rent mailing lists from third-party sources - prospective students must directly sign-up for Bow Valley College information.
Why we collect your information
Bow Valley College wants to support interested individuals in making an informed decision on where to attend school, what program they may want to take, and when they should apply for admission. When an individual chooses to sign-up as a prospective student, we use the information they provide to communicate with them about these decisions and to monitor where they are within our College's admission process.
What we do with your information
The information you provide is collected by Bow Valley College for recruitment purposes and will be used to communicate with and market to you about our programs and college through email, phone, lettermail, and/or other methods. You may change your preference or information at any time. Your information is protected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Bow Valley College uses certain non-Canadian service providers to manage or collect prospective student data:
- MailChimp - The Rocket Science Group, LLC (5000 - 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE; Atlanta, GA 30308 USA) to manage prospective student records and administer email and postcard communications.
- CVent Inc. (2600 - 1177 West Hastings St; Vancouver, BC V6E 2K3) to manage the sign-up and communication about college events.
- Wufoo - SurveyMonkey Inc. (1 Curiosity Way; San Mateo, CA 94403 USA) to collect inquiries and prospective student data from our website through sign-up forms.
- vFairs LLC (208 - 1510 Randolph St, Carrollton, TX 75006 USA) to manage registrant data for certain virtual events during the 2020/21 public health crisis.
Who can I contact about my information?
The responsible administrative officer at Bow Valley College for prospective domestic student records is:
Team Lead - Welcome Centre and Student Recruitment
Office of the Registrar and Enrolment Services
Toll-free: 866-428-2669 (ext. 1402)