Meet with a career advisor one-on-one and get help with your goals and job search. They will help you with:
- Matching your education and experience to your career goals
- Finding a part-time job search while you're in school
- Finding a job before you graduate
- Writing a cover letter and résumé
- Preparing you for interviews
- Creating your online profile on LinkedIn
- Networking within your industry
If you have questions about your career choice, job search, or just want to make an appointment contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 403-410-1440.
Career Essentials Workshops – Career Services
Develop your resume for the job you want
September 23rd, 2019
11:30 – 12:30pm
“Learn how to customize your resume to catch an employer’s attention!”
Craft the Cover Letters that Get you Interviews
September 24th, 2019
12:30 – 1:30pm
“Your cover letter is not a repetition of your resume. In this workshop, you will learn to write a letter that shows how your education and experiences relate to the position. It will also tell an employer how you will be a good fit for the job!”
September 25th, 2019
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression".
This workshop will provide you with tips on how to be ready for the job interview.
September 26th, 2019
12:30 – 1:30pm
“Has anyone told you that you need a LinkedIn profile but don’t understand why? Have a profile but don’t know what to do with it? Join us for an introductory workshop to find out how to build a basic profile and how to use it effectively"
How to Register:
• Log into the online job board: jobs.bowvalleycollege.ca
• Click 'Events' on the left hand side of your screen, then 'workshops.'
• Click RSVP underneath the workshop(s) you would like to register for