Campus Information and Services
Last updated: February 26, 2021
This page contain information around the following categories:
I missed getting my contents from my locker. What can I do?
Bow Valley College Campus Security emptied all college lockers on April 2 and 3, 2020. Any locker contents left in lockers at that time were bagged and tagged according to building, floor and locker number and put in secure storage.
Students were able to retrieve their locker contents during a specified time. If you did not collect your property during this time the property not collected will be kept by the College for 30 days after the date the College officially reopens. Please note that the College and Campus Security are not responsible for any locker contents.
The College is looking at a few dates in the summer that students may able to pick up their belongings. Watch these FAQ’s for confirmed dates.
Campus access and services:
Downtown Campus Building Access:
- South Campus and North Campus and all offices/services are locked and no physical access will be permitted until further notice.
- The +15 is CLOSED.
- The Bookstore is closed but taking online orders and is offering free home delivery. See their website for Access to eBooks at no additional charge. Printing services (Riley's) is closed.
- The library will continue to offer support and services online during regularly scheduled hours Monday-Saturday.
- Learner Success Services are available remotely until further notice. Visit https://bowvalleycollege.ca/student-resources/learner-success-services and click on the orange "Contact Learner Success Services" button for information about how to access services.
- Academic Success Centre services and supports are available online only. You can access writingsupport, Learning Coach/strategies andeducationaltechnology supportby email@example.com.
- Iniikokaan Centre services, including Elder appointments, are available. Please contact Gerald Ratt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 403-355-1920, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- NEW! Registrar Services (general inquiries and registration support for current students)is available by email (registrar) and phone (403-410-1400) Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Fridays 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- NEW! Welcome Centre(prospective students and student recruitment) is available by email (email@example.com)and phone 403-410-1402) Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Fridays 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Academic Advising service is available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by leaving a phone message at (403-410-3456).
- NEW! International Education is closed. Services will be available by email (email@example.com) and phone (403-410-3476) Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Back to top ^
What library support is available?
The library will continue to offer support and services online during regularly scheduled hours:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please note that the library is closed on all statutory holidays and Saturdays of long weekends.
APA and plagiarism workshops will be delivered online, click here for details.
- Research support
- APA citing, referencing and document formatting
- Locating electronic versions of textbooks (where available)
I have library books checked out, can I return them? Will I get library fines for my overdue books?
Please keep your library books until the College re-opens. You will not be fined for any overdue library books.
Back to top ^
Now that the library is closed and I don't have access to text reserves, is the Bookstore open so I can get the textbooks I may need?
The campus store is not physically open but continues to process online orders with free home delivery on orders over $100.00. See their website for access to eBooks at no additional charge. The library may be able to help you get some chapters of your textbooks, so please contact them at https://bowvalleycollege.libanswers.com. As well, some publishers are providing instructors with on-line access to textbooks for students.
Back to top ^
What is happening with the childcare centre on North Campus?
The Laugh N Learn Childcare at Bow Valley College has been closed until further notice.
How will my childcare fees for Laugh N Learn Childcare at Bow Valley College be assessed, and how do I ensure my child still has a space at the childcare centre in the future?
If your child was enrolled at the Laugh N Learn Childcare at Bow Valley College, please direct your inquiry to the Centre at LNL.firstname.lastname@example.org. Other childcare centre inquiries should be directed to your specific childcare provider.
Back to top ^