Go Green with Us!
The BVC Green Committee is a volunteer group of staff, students, and faculty with the mission to advance environmental stewardship and champion a College-wide green culture. We create the College’s environmental plan, track progress, host green events, and advance environmental knowledge. Bow Valley College is a co-convener of the Calgary Postsecondary Sustainability Community of Practice.
Currently, we are working on the following projects:
- Reaching our college-wide waste diversion goal of 90% and reducing the contamination in our garbage and recycling bins
- Promoting Bow Valley College’s Reusable Mug program.
- Updating our procedures to embed sustainability into all purchasing decisions across the college (in conjunction with our Environmental Sustainability Policy).
- Researching how Bow Valley College can become a Bee Campus, Fair Trade Campus, and plastic bag free campus.
- Increasing the amount of plant-based meals sold at the college with our partners at Sodexo Canada.
Student members receive recognition on their co-curricular records for their involvement.
If you are interested in joining the BVC Green team, please email us at email@example.com