Bow Valley College is committed to supporting regional economic development, alignment between formal an dinformal learning systems, and coordination of programs an dresources at multiple levels.
In support of these goals, Bow Valley College has updated the Community and Human Resource Profiles for
These community profiles integrate grass-roots research information with provincial and national data. This work was realized through collaboration with community adult learning providers, government, business, and other local partners. The profiles serve as evidence-based decision making tools for local community organizations, municipal, provincial, and federal governments, post-secondary institutions, as well as other stakeholders. Within the 2013 profiles, you will find relevant community information from the following sources:
- Statistics Canada census
- Municipal censuses
- Local community resources
- Bow Valley College Regional Fact Book, based on student intake data
- Campus Alberta Needs Assessment System Report Toolkit
- Bow Valley College Labour Market Partnership Project research
- A chance for a better life: The Development of the Immigrant Workforce in Smaller Communities and Rural Alberta
The 2013 Bow Valley College Community and Human Resource Profiles were developed according to the framework recommended by the Campus Alberta: Community Learning Needs Assessment Toolkit.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Alberta Human Services, and Bow Valley College funded the updating of these profiles.