This full-time LINC program is for immigrant youth between the ages of 18 and 24. It provides instruction in language and academic skills as well as preparation for further post-secondary education in Canada.
For information in multiple languages about our ELL programs, visit Apply-ell.
Learners receive instruction in reading, writing, listening and speaking. In addition to developing the four language strands, learners will:
- Identify and navigate education and career pathways in Canada
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Gain an understanding of Canadian culture and living in Canada
- Improve financial literacy skills
- Develop digital literacy skills through participation in a laptop loan program
There are five levels to this program and initial placement is based on a combination of Canadian Language Benchmarks and in-class assessments.
Learners who successfully complete the highest level of the program will have developed the language and academic skills and strategies to support a transition to an English for Academic Purposes program or to career programs.
- Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) levels: 3-6
- Permanent Residents and Convention Refugees, but not Canadian citizens
- Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) levels 3,3,2,2 are required for entry.
- LINC applicants must first take a Canadian Language Benchmarks test at the Immigrant and Vocational Assessment Referral Centre (ILVARC). The telephone number for ILVARC is 403-262-2656.
"For an immigrant like me who just came to Canada, this program helps you move on with your English skills and clarify your pathway."
Program Start Dates:
May 3, 2017
August 30, 2017
Monday to Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Calgary, Downtown Campus
For detailed information about the application process, see:
ELL Program Information
For information about ELL programs in a variety of languages, see:
Welcome to English Language Learning at Bow Valley College