This full-time program is for immigrant youth between the ages of 18 and 24 who have not completed high school. It provides instruction in reading, writing, academic strategies, math and technology.
For information in multiple languages about our ELL programs, visit Apply-ell.
Learners in the program develop skills in reading, writing, the use of learning strategies, and goal-setting. In addition, Bridge learners will:
- Identify and navigate education and career pathways in Canada
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Develop math and financial literacy skills
- Develop college-readiness skills
- Participate in project-based learning
- Develop digital literacy skills through participation in a laptop loan program
There are four levels to this program and placement is based on the result of an assessment.
Learners who successfully complete the Bridge program will have developed the language, skills and strategies to support success in Academic Preparation courses.
For more information in multiple language about our English language programs, visit centre.bowvalleycollege.ca/apply-ell.
- 18-24 years of age
- Interrupted formal education
- Have not graduated from high school
- Applicants must write a program placement assessment
- LINC applicants must first take a Canadian Language Benchmarks test at the Immigrant and Vocational Assessment Referral Centre (ILVARC). The telephone number for ILVARC is 403-262-2656.
"If you want to improve your education or want to finish your high school...Bridge program is a really amazing place to be."
Program Start Dates:
May 3, 2017
August 30, 2017
Monday to Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Calgary, Downtown Campus
For detailed information about the application process, see:
ELL Program Information
For information about ELL programs in a variety of languages, see:
Welcome to English Language Learning at Bow Valley College