High School - Anytime Online Learning
Complete the courses you need to enter career programs at Bow Valley College or other post-secondary institutions.
(Note: Courses marked with * are not for Alberta Education High School credit)
- English Language Arts 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2
- Prep Math 10*
- Math 10-C
- Math 20-1, 20-2
- Math 30-1, 30-2
- Science 10
- Biology 20, 30
- Chemistry 20, 30
- Physics 20, 30
The ATOL high school upgrading option provides the following advantages:
- Study at your own pace from your home, overseas, while working or travelling, or wherever you happen to be.
- The online environment provides freedom and flexibility, but requires much responsibility to keep up with the pace of the course material. It is best suited for individuals possessing strong time management skills, intermediate computer literacy, and able to work independently.
- Communication with your instructor is primarily through e-mail.
- Additional tutoring support is also available.
- Courses are presented in D2L and provide unit guides, assignments, media, and additional resources to help you succeed.
- Interactive labs are built in the course content for science courses to help you understand the experiment procedures.
- You can write exams at the Bow Valley College testing centre or with a proctor arranged by you and approved by the program administration.
- You can purchase required textbooks and materials online or in person through the college bookstore.
- Successful completion of prerequisite course(s) or equivalent is strongly recommended.
- Assessment/Placement testing in English and Mathematics is available if you need help to determine your current skills level.
- You have 24 weeks from the start date to complete your course.
Start dates: Feb. 1, 2017; Mar. 1, 2017; Apr. 3, 2017; May 3, 2017
Registration: Course self-registration is available on MyBVC within two business days after submitting your application. Please check your MyBVC email regularly for information outlining the Anytime Online course registration steps.
For any additional program information, please email ATOL@bowvalleycollege.ca.
Fees: Complete list of full-time and part-time fees