IELTS - International English Language Testing System
IELTS assesses English language skill in all four components of language - listening, reading, writing and speaking. Bow Valley College is an official testing centre in Calgary for IELTS. IELTS is managed by Cambridge English Language Assessment, British Council and IDP: IELTS Australia. For more information visit www.takeielts.ca.
Application Process and Payment Information
What to Bring on Test Day
Transfer and Cancellation Policies
Fees and Additional Options
IELTS conforms to the highest international standards of language assessment. It tests the four language skills - Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The Listening, Reading and Writing tests must be completed on the same day. The order in which these tests are taken may vary. There are no breaks between these three tests. The Speaking test may be taken up to seven days before or after the other three tests. Once a Speaking test has been scheduled, it cannot be changed. Learn more about IELTS in the IELTS Information for Candidates handbook.
|Monday - Friday
||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Saturday & Sunday
Bow Valley College offers IELTS preparation courses. These courses will provide you with detailed knowledge of IELTS exam formats and question types, and effective strategies for taking the IELTS exam. You will also have the opportunity to take practice exams within the actual IELTS time restrictions, and receive individual feedback and support from your instructor. For further information about preparation classes and to register, please visit our webpage or call us at 403-410-3405.
|Application Process and Payment Information
Candidate Application Process
IELTS Calgary - Apply for IELTS and view our upcoming IELTS dates online.
Candidate Payment Information:
- Online: Pay online using Visa or MasterCard
- In-person: Pay in-person using cash, debit, or credit card at Bow Valley College West Campus, lower level in suite W010.
- Other: If another form of payment is required, please contact us at 403-355-1909 or email IELTSinfo@bowvalleycollege.ca
|What to Bring on Test Day
- You must bring your original, valid passport or Permanent Resident Card (PRC) that you used when registering for the test. You will not be allowed to sit the test without presenting this document at check in.
- Electronic devices (cell phones, MP3 players, iPods, etc.) are NOT permitted in the test room. We suggest candidates leave these devices at home.
|Transfer and Cancellation Policies
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
For cancellations received no later than five weeks before the test date, the test will be refunded, less an administrative fee of $70.00. Cancellations within the five weeks before the test date will not receive a refund.
Test Date Transfer Policy:
Request for Test Day Transfer must be made more than five weeks prior to the scheduled test date, at a fee of $30.00. Any request to transfer test dates within the five weeks prior to the scheduled test date will be treated as a cancellation and no refund will be approved.
To request a refund or test day transfer, please submit the "Request for Refund or Test Day Transfer form" to IELTSinfo@bowvalleycollege.ca.
Back to Top
On the 13th day after a test, candidates will be able to view their unofficial results online. These online unofficial results are only available for 28 business days after the date of your test. Please note that these are not to be used for official purposes, and that all institutions or agencies require original Test Report Forms.
On the 13th day after a test, official results will be sent via regular mail or courier. A single TRF (Test Report Form) will be sent to each candidate and up to 5 copies of the TRF will be sent to recognizing organizations, if listed on the application form. Test centres are not permitted to give results out over the phone or by fax or email.
|Fees and Additional Options (prices do not include GST)
- The IELTS test fee for all 2016 dates is $299.00.
- The IELTS test transfer fee is $30.00.
- The IELTS test cancelation fee is $70.00.
- Test Report Forms may be couriered within North America for a $30.00 fee each.
- Test Report Forms may be couriered internationally for a $50.00 fee each.
- Additional Test Report Forms may be requested at a fee of $20.00 each. (Please note: Additional TRF copies can only be sent to recognizing organizations, not given to candidates.)
- Candidates may request a test results' inquiry or remark at a fee of $160.00.
Back to Top