External Testing Centre
|The External Testing Centre provides testing services to persons writing exams for institutions and organizations outside of Bow Valley College and eCampusAlberta.|
If you are a Bow Valley College student please click here and you will be redirected to a different booking page.
External Testing Centre Office Hours:
|Monday - Friday||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Sunday & Holidays*||CLOSED|
External Testroom Hours:
||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.*|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Sunday & Holidays*||
* To accommodate evening testing, the Exernal Testing Centre will be open until 7:00p.m. on the following Thursday evenings: July 28, August 18, September 29, October 27, November 24 and December 15.
|Testing Rules and Restrictions|
- All personal belongings must be left in a provided locker at the External Testing Centre.
- Test-takers should use the provided locks as External Testing Centre staff and Bow Valley College are not responsible for lost or stolen belongings.
- The use of cell phones and similar electronic devices are not permitted at any time while writing a test.
- No loitering or talking in the External Testing Centre or surrounding area.
- Test-takers are not permitted to leave the test room unless it is an emergency. Washroom breaks are chaperoned.
- Cheating is strictly prohibited. If caught, External Testing Centre staff will stop the test and the institution or organization will be informed.
- Additional paper used during a test will be collected by staff and discarded unless the institution or organization requests otherwise.
- Tests and exams must be booked using the online booking form available here, or by clicking the 'Book an Exam' button at the top of this webpage.
- Tests and exams must be booked at least two weeks in advance of the test date.
- Test-takers must present a valid government issued photo ID card or valid student ID card before writing a test.
- Test-takers must take only what the test instructions permit into the External Testing Centre. Additional materials, such as scrap paper or formula sheets, will be provided as requested by the institution or organization.
- Occasional walk-throughs by External Testing Centre staff members are conducted to monitor test takers, tidy the testing area, and check the equipment and supplies.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your exam booking for any reason, we request you to do so a minimum of 48 hours prior to your appointment. Click here for our cancellation policy.
- Paper tests are given to the External Testing Centre staff when they are completed or time is up. Tests are stamped with the time and date before the test starts and immediately after completion.
- External Testing Centre staff cannot answer test related questions. Test takers should note any questions they have on the test and discuss them directly with their institution or organization.
- All tests and exams are securely filed by External Testing Centre staff and to be sent to the institution or organization for marking.
- Test-takers must log-on to the computer application and locate their test if the test is on a system such as Blackboard or D2L. External Testing Centre staff may be required to enter a password before the test can begin.
- If the test requires specialized software, the institution or organization needs to inform the External Testing Centre at least one week before the scheduled test date.
- Test-takers should ask for assistance immediately if there are any problems with the computer terminals.
- When the test is complete, test takers should click "finish" or "end' to submit the test for grading.
After you book your exam you need to:
- Call the External Testing Centre one week in advance to confirm that all test materials have been recieved and will be ready for you on test day.
- Bring a valid piece of photo ID (Govt. issue or student ID).
- Lockers with locks are provided at the External Testing Centre.
- Please Note: Food, drinks and electronic devices (eg: cell phones) are not permitted while writing a test. Bottled water is allowed in a clear water bottle with no label.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule you must provide at least 48 hour notice.
- The External Testing Centre office is located in Bow Valley College West Campus, Room W010.
|Test and Service Fees
- Please contact the External Testing Centre for information on test writing fees as prices may vary.
Service Fees (Optional)
Returning Exams by Mail
- Standard Mail: No Charge
- National Courier: $30.00/exam*
- International Courier: $50.00/exam*
*Note: if multiple exams are writen on the same day, to be sent back to the same return address, you will only be charged the courier fee once.
We understand that unavoidable circumstances arise and appointments have to be cancelled or rescheduled.
A minimum of 48 hours notice must be provided in order to cancel and/or rechedule an exam.
Please note: An administrative fee may apply if sufficient notice is not provided.