Teaching and Learning Enhancement
The Teaching and Learning Enhancement (TLE) team of consultants is available (virtually or face-to-face) to provide support, share expertise, collaborate, or assist with your teaching and learning initiatives.
TLE Telephone Hotline: 403-463-9284
TLE embodies the Learning College principles in providing services to staff and instructors.
Learning College Principles and Teaching and Learning Enhancement
- TLE creates substantive change in learners by helping others develop skills and attitudes and extend knowledge in instruction, incorporation of educational technologies, curriculum or instructional design.
- TLE engages learners as full partners by implementing a learner-centred approach to service delivery. Learners identify goals for consultation and skill development sessions.
- Many learning options are possible from TLE as services can be provided to individuals, groups or entire programs / departments. In addition, TLE offers face-to-face service as well as online or distributed using technologies such as web conferencing, email and telephone.
- Collaboration in learning is supported through joint ownership of outcomes.
- Facilitators roles are defined and determined in consultation with learners. The TLE team's "how can we help" attitude makes it possible for TLE to assume various roles in supporting initiatives and development. TLE may be involved in initial stages, as full partners or assist in identifying potential improvements.
- TLE helps individuals improve and expand learning through document assessment to assist instructors in making the move from industry to education and assist staff and instructors alike in meeting the expectations of the Bow Valley College workplace.
To learn more about Bow Valley College's commitment to the community, please explore the documents and reports found here.