Free Tax Clinic
The Student Affairs Office has partnered with the Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta (CPA) to offer FREE income tax clinics to help eligible BVC learners complete their tax returns.
- Total income per household unit for taxpayer:
With no dependant: $30,000 or less
With dependants: $50,000 or less
- Self-employment income, rental income or real estate holdings are not eligible for this program
- Tax returns cannot be completed for someone who has passed away
Please view the detailed criteria requirements for further information on eligibility. Students who meet the eligibility requirements and wishes book an appointment must attend an information session.
It is mandatory to attend one of the drop-in information sessions below in order to book an appointment for the Free Tax Clinic:
March 8, 2017
Drop-in any time between 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
March 9, 2017
Drop-in any time between 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Free Tax Clinics will be held at BVC's downtown campus from March 27-30 in the evening hours. Appointments are approximately 30 minutes in duration and couples and families must be booked as two appointments. An appointment time will be given to learners when they attend an information session.
Imporatant information and tips for filing your tax returns:
- T2202A - Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate:
- Click here for information/to download T2202A for learners in eligible programs at Bow Valley College
- Questions on students and income tax:
- International Students:
- To know more about your tax obligation and documents required to file your income tax return as an international student, click here