Learning Navigator is a new and unique initiative that connects interested Bow Valley College employees with new learners, providing opportunities for support and learning. Learning Navigators can help students initially get adjusted to the college, answer questions, and encourage learners to get acquainted with the appropriate College services available, establishing independence and growth. Navigators and learners are also invited to share experiences and tell stories about their post-secondary experience.
Learning Navigator will provide opportunities for:
• Employees to engage with learners beyond their normal scope of work
• Learners to seek guidance and support from a college staff member in a unique and meaningful way.
Learning Navigator Goals:
• Create a positive, meaningful and impactful experience for students
• Offer an engaging and beneficial experience for employees
• Provide a leading edge service that is uncommon in the post-secondary field
• Develop opportunities to establish additional goals with learners
Learning Navigator will occur each semester, with Learning Navigator recruitment occurring a few months prior. Check your email for announcements about upcoming Information Sessions to learn more. Alternatively, you may refer to the FAQ page or contact Learner Success Services for more information; firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-410-1723.