Get Your Co-Curricular Record
What is it?
The Co-Curricular Record allows learners to record their participation in co-curricular activities organized by Bow Valley College. Each activity will be linked to learning outcomes, which will help learners to identify specific skills and competencies when they present this report to their potential employers, use it for award applications, or when applying for further post-secondary education.
What are the benefits of a Co-Curricular Record?
- Enhanced resume
- Proof of involvement when applying for awards and scholarships
- Great supplement when applying to other schools
- Overall a great planning and organization tool
What types of co-curricular activities can I record on my Co-Curricular Record?
- Workshops (attending workshops, presentations, and learning sessions outside of your scheduled classes)
- Volunteering (volunteering organized by BVC)
- Certificates (Mental Health First Aid, Applied Suicide and Intervention Training)
- Awards and Scholarships (awards and scholarships received at BVC)
- Students' Association of BVC (clubs and volunteering)
What does it look like?
Click here to see a sample report.
Why should I get involved?
- Gain experience to help you get a job
- Develop skills
- Meet new people
- Build your professional network
- Strengthen your scholarship or award appplications
- Strengthen future school applications
- Be a role model
- Make a difference
- Have fun!
Where can I find volunteering opportunities for the Co-Curricular Record?
Volunteer opportunities are listed every other Monday in the Student eNewsletter (sent to your myBVC email address from the Student Affairs Office).
What are examples of Co-Curricular opportunites on campus?
There are many one-time volunteer opportunites and on-going initiatives throughout the year, some examples might be:
- BVC Cares events
- LEAD events
- New Student Orientation Volunteer
- Intercultural Centre events
- and many more!
How does my involvement get recorded?
Make sure you sign in whenever you attended a BVC workshop, presentation, or special event (there will usually be a sign-in sheet for you to record your name and student number). The event organizer will enter the record in your student profile after the event.
Getting your Co-Curricular Record
When can I get a copy of my Co-Curricular Record?
Whenever you need to! Usually upon graduation, applying for awards, or applying for jobs.
How do I get a copy of my Co-Curricular Record?
Please feel free to request a copy of your Co-Curricular Record by emailing email@example.com. Make sure to include your name and student number in the email.