Student Awards help over 500 learners every year to Learn a Better LivingTM and Live a better life. Search from entrance, in-course, transition and alumni awards today and be rewarded!
On this page:
Find out what awards are available at Bow Valley College. Search the BVC Awards by using the drop-down filters to view all awards including application and nomination based awards.
A complete explanation of the filter terms can be found in the Awards Definitions and Guidelines. The link is also found on the left hand side tool bar.
Award Tip #1: Know the name of the award? Type the name, or a part of the name in the search box and click "GO."
Who can apply?
New, on-going and graduate students of Bow Valley College are eligible for BVC Awards. You are required to login to your Awards Portal to access your personalized list of awards including their application form. Don't remember your MyBVC login? You can reset your password at the Library and Learning Commons.
What do we look for in an application?
You must meet each eligibility and selection criteria to increase your chances of being chosen as a recipient. Don't forget to attach supporting documents when it is mandatory!
Where do you access the awards application form?
All awards applications are available by login at the Student Awards Portal. Important notice: you do not have access to application forms for nomination based awards. Only staff and faculty have access to nomination forms.
When do you apply?
It is recommended to apply one month before the award deadline.
How do you apply?
After you have logged into your Student Awards Portal, click on "Your Awards Listings" for a list of eligible awards. Click on each award to view the awards deadline and selection criteria. When you are ready to apply, click on "Apply Now"
Section 1: Personal Information
When you apply online through the Awards Portal, your personal information is populated automatically. Example : your address, telephone number, student ID number, citizenship. You are required to enter personal information such as your marital status, number of children, your current funding source, your program specialization etc...
Section 2: Academic Information
Your academic information is uploaded automatically when you submit your online application form. You won't see your academic information, only the Selection Committee will have access to your marks.
Section 3: Awards Criteria Questions
Each selection criteria will have a set of questions. To learn more about each criteria, click on Awards Guidelines for complete details.
Award Tip #2: You can write your answers in a word document and copy and paste into the application form text box to make it easier to draft and review your answers!
Section 4: Supporting Documents
This section allows you to upload letter of references and additional information.
Award Tip #3: Did you know that you can scan more than one page into one document? This is particularly useful when you have many copies you wish to attach all at once.
1. Your award application is stored in a secure database until the deadline date has passed
2. A Selection Committee is formed and assess' all applications
3. Recipients are selected within 40 days of the deadline date
4. Only recipients are contacted by email, phone or letter
5. Awards can be given at a special Award event, academic department, or at the Registrar's Office
1. Instructors and staff at BVC are typically the people who nominate students for awards.
2. To increase your chances of being nominated, you must work towards meeting the eligibility criteria and make it shown in the classroom and at the College.
3. If you have been nominated, you will receive an email in your MyBVC account which states the name of the award and the steps to complete the nomination. You must complete your section of the nomination before the deadline date has passed to qualify.
4. Once the deadline date has passed, the Selection Committee reviews all nominations and selects the recipients.
5. Only recipients are contacted by email, phone or letter
Award Tip #4: When you meet the eligibility of a nomination award, you can prepare a one page letter which gives the award name and describes how you meet each criteria in order to present to your instructor when asking for his consideration.