• Print
  • Share

Financial Aid Support Services

STUDENT LOAN ADVISOR appointments can be made at
Learner Success Services (1st Floor - South Campus), or by calling 403.410.1440.

Student Loan Advisors can assist with:

1.  Getting your Student Loan money!

2.  Reporting Changes to the Government (Change in Circumstance/Appeals).

3.  Budgeting Help.

4.  Out of Province Student Loans

Avoid delays in getting your money!

To receive your student loan money, you must complete and submit your Canada and Alberta Master Student Financial Assistance Agreements (MSFAAs) at a designated postal outlet.  You will receive your MSFAAs in the mail with an instruction sheet.  For a list of designated postal outlets visit www.canlearn.ca and click on Online Tools. 

Once your MSFAAs are processed, tuition and fees may be forwarded to the school and any remaining funds will be directly deposited into your bank account.

Canada Student Loans
Are forwarded to and processed through the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)
1-888-815-4514 (toll free)
Internet: www.canlearn.ca

Alberta Student Loans
Are forwarded to and processed through StudentAid Alberta.
1-855-606-2096 (toll free)
Internet: www.studentaid.alberta.ca

Requests for Reconsideration/Appeals - Student Loans

If you are funded by Student Loans you can notify Student Aid Alberta of any changes to your situation, or request a review of your award by completing an Reqeust for Reconsideration form found online at www.studentaid.alberta.ca.   You can hand in your form to Learner Success Services and we will courier it to the Government.

Changes reported on a Request for Reconsideration form could include:

  • Address change
  • Name change
  • Change in marital status
  • Addition/removal of spouse
  • Addition/removal of dependants
  • Changes in monthly expenses/resources
  • Changes in training information
  • Requests for additional financial aid
  • Other

IMPORTANT:  If your registration status changes (added/dropped courses, course fails, etc...), this can affect your eligibility for your Student Loans.  Please see a Financial Aid Advisor at Learner Success Services if your registration status changes and you have Student Loans.

           Call Financial Aid at 403-410-1417 or 403-410-1420


If you would like one-to-one confidential help with budgeting, banking, credit, debt, or saving while in school, please contact the Financial Aid Officer at 403-410-1410 to book an appointment.


If you are applying for loans through another Province and you need assistance please contact our Student Loan Advisor, Lori Jensen at 403.410.1417 or email ljensen@bowvalleycollege.ca.