Bow Valley College's Counsellors are available to assist with many of your concerns. Counselling Services are offered to assist students in finding solutions to their own personal, emotional, or interpersonal concerns that may be impacting academic success at Bow Valley College. Some of the services we offer include: wertyjk.lkjdswerthjkhrtfg
Bow Valley College has a team of counsellors who are here to help students with many different areas of their lives. Counselling is a process in which individuals have the opportunity to discuss life concerns and difficulties in a private and confidential setting. BVC counsellors have a wide variety of backgrounds and experience and are trained to work with all kinds of counselling issues, and are here to talk about any subject with which you feel you need help. Some things that people discuss with a counsellor are:
- Personal issues/concerns/growth and development
- Academic and career goals
- Couple and family problems
- Financial issues
Sometimes making academic and career decisions by yourself can be hard; the counsellors at Bow Valley College are happy to help you with these choices! The counselling team can help both prospective & ongoing students explore academic options and help you work towards your career goals in the following ways:
- Discussing future career goals
- Supporting you in creating an academic plan and succeeding in those classes
- Making sure your classes are geared towards your career goal
- Teaching academic strategies to help you learn more effectively
- Managing stress as a student Finding solutions for time-management
- Learning organizational skills Exploring of learning styles
- Learning study skills and test taking strategies
25,000 Occupations!! How do I choose?
With so many choices open to you how do you pick your occupational goal? Let counselling help you discover how your interests, abilities, values and other personal qualities can be used to select your career path. You can start your journey NOW by looking at the ALIS (Alberta Learning Information Service) web site at alis.alberta.ca. There you can have help planning your career with the hotline or online self-assessment tools. Also, there is information on hundreds of occupations in Alberta. The counsellors at Bow Valley College are well trained to help you in your quest AND it is a free service! A researched occupational goal is necessary if you want to apply for funding to upgrade towards your goal. You can start today!
If you would like to talk to a counselor about any career questions you might be wondering about, please contact us. We will be happy to help you
- Small group and individual consultation
- Workshops and Info Sessions
- Pamphlets and Handouts
We also have information about resources that you can access in the College and the community.