Getting ready for final exams? Check out our Learning Toolbox - filled with helpful videos, apps, and links to help you learn more effectively!
Students with Disabilities
Are you a student with a disability starting in the Fall semester? CSS offers a number of services and supports for students with disabilities. For more information about our services, please check out our Services for Students with Disabilities webpage.
If you would like to apply for accommodations and services for the Fall Semester, please stop by and see us in person (Learner Success Services - 1st floor, South Campus), call us at 403-410-1440, or email us at email@example.com. You may also want to refer to our Checklist for Setting up Academic and Exam Accommodations for more information about applying for accommodations and support services.
Specialized Support offers support services to all Bow Valley College students, including those with diverse needs and disabilities. Specialized Support, in collaboration with other BVC departments, advocates for and provides services that increase access to learning for all students at all Bow Valley College campuses.
Bow Valley College has a policy on Academic Accommodations and Supports for Learners with Disabilities. If a student, counsellor, or instructor suspects that there may be a disability that is affecting student success or creating barriers to reaching academic goals, Specialized Support may be able to help.
Specialized Support also strongly supports the ideas and principles of Universal Design (UD) and Universal Instructional Design (UID) to help ensure all students have access to their course materials and have the opportunity to be successful. Our goal is to ensure that all students attending Bow Valley College have access to the education they need.
Some of the services Specialized Support offers include:
- Help students understand their learning challenges by explaining how these can impact future progress through school, and the types of supports available at the College that may help them to be successful.
- Screen and refer students for assessment for learning disabilities/ADHD.
- Refer students to resources in the community or within BVC such as: professionals, agencies, counsellors, or other BVC departments for additional support.
- Collaborate with counsellors and other departments at the college to ensure student concerns are dealt with in a friendly and timely manner.
- Provide workshops and resources for students to enhance student success in learning, increase productivity, and promote student health and wellness.
For services, supports, Assistive Technology, and academic accommodations specific to students with disabilities, please contact CSS as soon as you are accepted or at least four months before you are scheduled to start classes at Bow Valley College. For more information about services for students with disabilities, please see our related website - Services for Students with Disabilities.