Transitions to Higher Education Workshop Program
The Transitions to Higher Education program, delivered by Bow Valley College in partnership with the Calgary Foundation, includes a series of 7 free workshops designed to support participants in their transition to post-secondary education.
Participants who successfully complete all 7 workshopsops are held on Wednesday evenings, from 6pm to 9pm (location to be determined).
January 25, 2017: Workshop #1 - Introduction to Career Exploration
February 1, 2017: Workshop #2 - Workplace Essential Skills Assessment
February 8, 2017: Workshop #3 - Career Goals & Choices
February 15, 2017: Workshop #4 - Application & Admission to Post-Secondary Education
February 22, 2017: Workshop #5 - Financial Planning for Post-Secondary Education
March 1, 2017: Workshop #6 - Learning Styles & Strategies
March 8, 2017: Workshop #7 - Time and Energy Management
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
- Be a resident of the Stoney Nakoda Nation who was personally impacted by the flood of 2013
- Post-secondary education must be a goal (plans may have been disrupted by the flood)
- Attend all 7 Transitions to Higher Education workshops and complete all assignments
- Submit a completed Bursary Application form, including a detailed flood impact story
- Submit all requested documentation, including proof of acceptance into a post-secondary program, student funding options, and a post-secondary budget and plan
- Demonstrate a financial need (unable to qualify for student funding that covers education costs)
Bursary Application Steps
- Register for the workshops via a paper registration form or the link below
- Attend and participate in all 7 Transitions to Higher Education workshops
- Identify and apply for a post-secondary program aligned with your career goals
- Research costs and prepare a post-secondary budget and financial plan
- Apply for student funding and other available funding sources
- Complete the Bursary Application form and submit all relevant documentation to Bow Valley College, including a narrative of how you were personally impacted by the flood.
Click here to download a registration form OR
Click here for online registration
ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
Contact Bow Valley College